OFFICIAL TITLE: Degree in law
DURATION / ECTS: 4 years / 240 ECTS
SEATS / CAMPUS: 60 / Moncada - Alfara; 25 / Elche
IMPARTIDO EN: Spanish
- Take a holistic view of human beings in its immanent and transcendent dimension. Achieving this competition implies an attitude of seeking truth from different orders of knowledge about human nature and common personal dignity to all men and women, with particular attention to the ethical and moral implications, by recourse to the knowledge of the different conceptions of the person throughout history and the social, political and legal consequences of these conceptions.
- Having sound and strong about society and current culture criteria. Achieving this competition involves purchasing criteria that allow understand and appreciate the society and current culture by studying its history in order to enable the graduate to make critical judgments about different aspects of social reality and provide suggestions for improvement roots all from the perspective of constitutional principles and the Social Doctrine of the Church.
- Being able to express themselves properly in Spanish. Achieving this competence involves learning about the resources of oratory and writing Spanish.
- Being able to operate with ease and efficiency in at least one foreign language. Achieving this competency involves being able to develop the skills needed to work proficiently and effectively, both in writing and orally, in English and tendentiously, in another foreign language.
- Being able to understand and synthesize complex propositions, critically, in the context in which they are presented. Achieving this competency involves being able to define, distinguish and relate both the basics and the premises on which the exposure of any argument is built, as well as to state and substantiate the content of synthetic and critically, in the context? scientific, political, social, media or in organizational in which they are presented.
- Being able to apply the knowledge apprehended problem solving. Achieving this competency involves being able to, from the acquired knowledge to solve problems or make a judgment about themselves-be they theoretical, practical, moral or technical nature; and make a reasoned, prudent and effective.
- Being able to gather and interpret relevant data to develop own arguments. Achieving this competency involves being able to develop a hypothesis and plan their demonstration; obtain, interpret and select the information necessary for study; recapitulate the analysis result with arguments that give reason for the process carried out and its results.
- Being able to communicate information, ideas, problems and solutions. Achieving this competency involves being able to plan a communication process? Taking into account the subjective and objective environment in which developed and carry it out in a professional manner? In the background and the training effectively using different resources communicative.
- Being able to undertake and complete projects independently, professional and qualified way. Achieving this competency involves being able to design a work plan and undertake its culmination with perseverance and flexibility -anticipándose and overcoming the difficulties encountered in their development and integrating changes his exija- become professional and qualified way.
- Being able to participate in work teams and lead them . Achieving this competency involves being able to collaborate in teams and lead them, contributing assertively and respectful to the delimitation, planning and development objectives.
- Being able to negotiate and manage the assumption of agreements. Achieving this competition involves being able to negotiate, manage and mediate the assumption of agreements conflicting or competing interests from the goal of achieving more just and convenient solution for all environments; seeking the understanding and integration of legitimate positions and rights of each of the parties involved.
Knowing the historical, dogmatic and philosophical foundations of law. Achieving this competency involves being able to identify the dogmatic and exegetical foundations of the principles, rules and legal institutions through its historical development and philosophical concepts that inspire them.
Knowing the social, cultural, political and economic foundations international law. Achieving this competency involves being able to identify and understand the social, cultural, international and economic fundamentals politicians in the genesis and configuration of law which affect their development and make possible their effective implementation.
Knowing the whole Spanish legal system, their material sources, formal and knowledge, both national and international. Achieving this competence involves learning about national and international political institutions involved in the creation and application of Spanish law; the system of principles and rules that compose it in all its territorial dimensions; legal relationships in which translates, and procedures or processes by extending its genesis and application.
Being able to apply Spanish law. Achieving this competency involves being able, by using knowledge sources, to identify sources regulations applicable to a case of fact, in order to provide a solution by managing the technical interpretation and application of the rules.
Being able to understand, evaluate, criticize and discuss legal propositions in context. Achieving this competency involves being able to interpret and discuss texts, propositions and legal realities in the historical, social, philosophical, legal, political or economic context in which they fall, basing legally own opinions.
Be able to reason and argue law, provide written public synthesis of their analysis. Achieving this competency involves being able to string together a legal reasoning correctly using the methodology of rhetoric and legal arguments, both orally and in writing.
Acquire a certain capacity for creativity and innovation in the legal system. Achieving this competition involves being able to write an original normative statement at an elementary level, to regulate a given field of reality? Community, corporation, legal relationship, transaction, etc.? in the context of a specific or generic legal context.
Become aware of the importance of law as the management system of social relations and responsibility that it implies in whom is dedicated the same. Achieving this competition means being able to understand that the work of the lawyer? In different areas of reality which has particular significance despliega- configuration, content and development of social relations, which behaves in whom at the same it devotes considerable responsibility in making its legal decisions.
Take as core values in the development work of the jurist who takes way the general principles of law and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Achieving this competency involves being able to interpret and apply the law considering the general principles, rights and enshrined fundamental duties in the Spanish Constitution, respecting the universal doctrine of human rights and according to a culture of peace and of democratic values.
Being able to take notes or notes of the highlights of a dissertation or oral, and to build on those, in an orderly fashion, the plot of this dissertation or exhibition.
Being able to build own study material by using different resources (notes, notes, manuals, monographs, databases, etc.)
Acquire a habit of study based on a personal discipline seated in planning, rational use of resources and management time and space.
Knowing share abilities and skills with others, and seek the necessary help performing tasks that require it (share). Achieving this competition implies apprehending work together and exchange knowledge and accurate information to the tasks or solving problems.
It is stated that the degree of law is one of the university careers that have more professional opportunities. However, its obvious humanist character requires a certain vocation to study and certainly the necessary compliance with a Code of Ethics to exercise it. That said, the possibilities best known are:
- Free exercise of the profession
- Solicitors or barristers
- Oppositions: the body of notaries; registrar of property and commercial; magistrate; fiscal; Judicial secretary; the body of officials of international organizations
- Corps officials of the Administration of Justice: Judge; magistrate; State attorney; lawyers of the State Administration; senior lawyers advisory bodies; technical civil administration; tax inspector or work
- Private company
What makes us different?
1. The experience and track record.
and more than 35 years ripped law studies at the CEU. We are backed by several decades by training lawyers and law professionals committed.
2. Ready to be the best in the oppositions
In parallel with the degree of law our students can participate in the Program Intensification in Oppositions, which is done in collaboration with the Chamber of Notaries of Valencia, the Dean of the Courts of Valencia and the Office of Valencia, among others. Through this program who are interested in the world of competitions start from second course preparation.
It is voluntary and free program that prepares you to face the traditional oppositions in the legal field. two routes chosen by the student offered: one aimed at notary offices and registries, while the other focuses on judiciaries and prosecution. Through this program students CEU Law complete their studies in the best conditions to start the final preparation of oppositions. If you think that oppositions may be your goal, this is your way.
3. The international dimension of law
- Language: English Free additional training to improve your level
- Specialization: training to specialize in the international arena with the Proper Specialist in International and European Law. This title may be taken in parallel to the race and is aimed at strengthening your ability to work in the international legal field. Its contents combine advanced knowledge of international law learning legal English.
- Practices outside Spain: we offer opportunities for international internships in European institutions, international organizations and professional offices, some of them honorary consulates of Spain, Enrique Sanchez in Liverpool and DWF LLP in Manchester (UK), Artz & Lopez in Koblenz and Zinn & Böcker in Mannheim (Germany), the Legislature of Umbria (Italy) or the Federation Valenciana-European Region Community (Belgium).
4. Double grades doubles specialist degrees
You can take while two university degrees with compatible schedules, with all classrooms in the same facilities and, of course, without paying twice. So are doubles specialist degrees from the University in double degrees:
- Double Degree in Law + Political Science
- Double Degree in Law + Business Administration
- Double Degree in Law + Advertising and Public Relations
Program taught in: