Improve your career prospects by gaining a Masters while remaining in full-time employment
This well-established distance learning programme in Business Law has been designed for business executives and professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds and organisations. We are also delighted to now be offering the option to study for the International Business Law LLM.
This unique programme in Business Law or International Business Law will enable you to:
- Analyse, interpret and apply the laws regulating your business.
- Gain a competitive advantage in difficult market conditions.
- Achieve a recognised UK university qualification while combining full-time employment with the study.
- Learn from key industry practitioners and academics and benefit directly from their insight and invaluable commentary.
- Apply your learning and new skills to your work immediately.
- Tailor the programme to your needs by studying your own unique combination of modules from this and other De Montfort LLM programmes.
- Study at a faster pace – follow the ‘accelerated route’ and complete the LLM in 15 months.
The course commences with an induction weekend in Leicester which takes place in September 2020, and the Core Module, (worth 30 credits) is then studied from September 2020 through to the end of December 2020 and is assessed by written coursework.
From January to December 2021, students choose two 30 credit modules or one 30 and two 15 credit modules (giving a total of 90 credits for the first year of study).
In the second year, January to December 2022, students take either one 30 credit module or two 15 credit modules and write a 15,000 word dissertation on a topic of their choice on a legal issue within the context of business law.
Students will all study the Core Module and will then specialise by choosing from the optional modules listed below.
- Business Law in the UK and the EU
- Aspects of European Union Law
- Business Law Concepts
- Business Regulatory Regime
- Banking & Finance Law
- Civil Liberties in the Workplace
- Collective Labour Law
- European e-Commerce Law
- Corporate Insolvency Law
- Personal Insolvency Law
- Sale and Supply of Goods
- Negotiated Study
- Company Law
- Consumer Law
- EU Competition Law
- Individual Labour Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Law of Health & Safety
- Law of International Trade
- Private International Law
- Aspects of Discrimination in Business
- Public Procurement Law and Practice
And you can tailor the course to fit your specific job role and industry by selecting modules from other LLM programmes as well.
Flexible Study Options
The Business Law and International Business Law courses form part of a wider LLM programme at Leicester De Montfort Law School and for added flexibility, in addition to the Business Law and International Business Law modules available, students may choose to study modules from the other LLM pathways:
- Sports Law
- Employment Law and Practice
- Environmental Law and Practice
- Food Law
- Medical Law and Ethics
- International Human Rights Law
Available modules from other courses include:
Collective Labour Law; Alternative Dispute Resolution; People Management within Organisations; Equal Opportunities in the Workplace; Event Management; Expert Evidence; and International Law.
To gain a named award in Business Law, the Core Module plus one full 30 credit module from the following Business Law modules must be studied: Company Law; Consumer Law; Individual Labour Law; Intellectual Property Law; Law of Health and Safety.
To gain a named award in International Business Law, the Core Module plus one full 30 credit module from the following International Business Law modules must be studied: EU Competition Law; Law of International Trade and Private International Law.