LLM in United States and Global Legal Studies Case Western Reserve University School of Law
This program is for students interested in U.S. and International law who hope to improve their legal research, writing, and analytical skills. This is the best degree to prepare for a U.S. bar exam. Students may also earn a certificate of concentration in the subject area of their choice.
Required Credits: 24
- U.S. Contract Law for LLM (3) - Fall or Spring
- Foreign Graduate Seminar (2) - Fall or Spring
- U.S. Legal Research, Writing, and Analysis (2) - Fall or Spring
In addition to the required courses above, students completing an LLM in U.S. & Global Legal Studies must complete 17 credits (for a total of 24). Students can choose almost any of the JD and LLM classes offered.
Optional Curriculum for LLM in U.S. & Global Legal Studies
To qualify for a certificate, students must take at least 10 credit hours in classes approved by the Office of Global Legal Studies. The certificates below are SAMPLE certificates. Students can pursue a certificate in ANY TOPIC approved by the Office of Global Legal Studies. To qualify for a certificate with Honors, students must receive a grade of H in all of the certificate courses. A maximum of two certificates is allowed.
- Required Course: Criminal Law (3) – Fall
- Required Course: Environmental Law (3) - Spring
- Required Course: Health Law I (3) – Fall
Intellectual Property Law
- Required Course: Trademark (3) and Copyright (3) - Spring & Fall
International Business Law
- Required Course: International Business Transactions (3) or Business Associations (4) – Fall & Spring
Public International Law
- Required Course: International Law (3) – Fall