PGCert Legal Technology - Full time The University of Law Postgraduate Programmes
Our PGCert in Legal Technology is available for both law and non-law graduates, providing you with an insight into this rapidly developing area. You will learn the basics of this exciting and often disruptive technology in a legal context and the regulation which is being formed around it.
PGCert Legal Technology - Full-time
The Postgraduate Certificate in Legal Technology are innovative, flexible programmes designed for law and non-law graduates who would like to gain essential in-depth knowledge of Legal Technology without completing a full Master’s programme.
A flexible programme for graduates to gain essential in-depth knowledge of Legal Technology in the real world without having to complete a dissertation.
The programme structure is highly flexible. You can design your own degree pathway that suits you and meets your career objectives, whatever they might be.
Taught by subject experts
Taught by a combination of former and current practitioners, as well as research and teaching academics who are focussed on legal practice, not just theory.
UK Entry Requirements
- Students should possess a UK bachelor’s degree in any subject at 2:2 or above or an equivalent qualification.
English language requirements for applicants whose first language is not English
- An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
The PG Cert in Legal Technology is a vocational course designed to further your skills in the diverse and fast-moving area of technologies affecting the legal sector. Designed to enhance your skills for the future of the legal profession, these courses focus specifically on developing an in-depth knowledge of Legal Technology and how the legal landscape is being changed by technology. Whether you want to progress within your existing firm, have plans to create your own start-up or simply want to know more about how technology is changing the legal landscape, these programmes will provide you with the knowledge to help you achieve your ambitions.
When you study the PG Cert Legal Technology with us you will:
- Stay ahead of the competition by gaining insight into the latest insights of this emerging and rapidly evolving area.
- Be taught by subject matter experts, former and current practitioners and research and teaching focused academics.
- Focus on legal practice, not just theory.
- Benefit from strategic partnerships with firms, regulators and accreditation bodies.
- Improve your employability by gaining important transferable skills and mapping your career with our careers team.
The award-linked module for both programmes (Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain in Law) will consider how disruptive technologies are bringing about a fundamental shift in decision-making and shaping a new normal in legal practice operations. The module will look at the two key technologies facilitating this change: artificial intelligence and blockchain. This module will allow you to get hands-on with the technology, exploring how it works as well as the legal and regulatory issues its use presents.
In addition to a general induction to the programme, there is a two-week induction covering the Key Principles of the English Legal System. This is compulsory for students with a non-law background.
- Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain in Law
PG Cert students may choose one from the list of elective modules* which includes modules such as:
- Corporate Governance and Disruptive Technology
- Cyber laws (The Laws of Data and Digital Assets)
- Technoethics in Law
- The Internet of Things
*All elective modules are subject to availability.
Modules are assessed by a three-hour unseen written examination or 4,500-word coursework assignment.
Attendance at one of our UK campuses (or an approved overseas centre by prior arrangement) is required for all examinations, including for online study. The default campus location for online study is London.
This course has an innovatively flexible structure, with specific assessments that are conducive to effective learning.
How to Apply
- You can apply for this course directly with the University.