LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology. Reg. No. 253056 U Law Hong Kong
Our LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology degree is available as a 3-year course (Reg. No. 253056). The course focuses on key legal topics and a variety of different aspects of criminology, including crime, criminal justice and criminal behaviour. The law modules are predominantly delivered by professionally qualified lawyers with a high level of face-to-face tuition. The course has a practical focus, with real-world application of the law and criminology. Employability is integrated into the course to give you the academic knowledge and key transferable skills which are in demand by today’s employers. This course is ideal for students looking to pursue a career in the legal sector or, more specifically, within the criminal justice system. We have an overall 5 Star rating from QS World University Rankings and 5 stars in Teaching, Employability, Online Learning, Academic Development and Inclusiveness. This course is registered with the Hong Kong Non-local Courses Registry (NCR). It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
- BBB at A Level and Grade C/4 or above in GCSE English Language or equivalent qualifications. International entry requirements: An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
Why choose our LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology?
With this course, you'll have the chance to explore and consider the underlying social and political processes that shape the law. This degree has been designed by both practising law and criminology experts, offering a more focused option for those wishing to pursue a career in either law or a wide range of related professions.
Our structured course is taught by qualified and experienced tutors with lectures and practical workshops or with online resources and learning tools to develop your legal skills.
Here are just some of the reasons why we're best placed to help you prepare for your future career as a solicitor or barrister:
- The highest standard of teaching from experienced professionals
- Small class sizes
- Options to study on campus and online
- Access to award-winning careers support
Why choose The University of Law?
- One of the UK’s longest-established specialist providers of legal education, since 1876 - we’ve trained more practising lawyers in the UK than anyone else.
- All our tutors are qualified lawyers, and many still practising. You’ll benefit from their insight into today's legal world delivered either face-to-face on campus or online.
- We have locations across the UK and Hong Kong.
- We have the UK’s largest legal alumni group with over 80,000 members, giving our students excellent networking opportunities, many of whom are qualified lawyers in Hong Kong and Malaysia.
- We work with 90 of the top 100 UK law firms, many of whom send their trainees and lawyers exclusively to us. We also have close links with a wide range of barristers’ chambers.
- 92% of our full-time UK LLB students graduating in 2017 secured employment or further study within six months of successfully completing their course.
Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS)
Our LLB students are eligible to apply for the ENLS loan to cover their tuition fees.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.