Online LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology. Reg. No. 253056 U Law Hong Kong
Our Online LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology degree is available as a 3, 4 or 6 years course (Reg. No. 253056). If you’re looking to pursue a career in the legal or wider commercial sector, have an interest in criminal justice, crime and criminal behaviour, but require greater flexibility in study patterns and wish to study online, this could be the degree for you. This degree has a practical focus, with employability embedded into the course. Not only will you study the key legal topics and related skills for the modern law student, but the study of Criminology will help make you employment ready and open up a wider array of career options. The course will have a high level of interaction, and you will receive peer and one-to-one professional tutor reviews, with over 90% of our tutors being qualified solicitors and barristers. We have an overall 5 Star rating from QS World University Rankings and 5 stars in Teaching, Employability, Online Learning, Academic Development and Inclusiveness. This course is registered with the Hong Kong Non-local Courses Registry (NCR). It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
Why choose our LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology?
With this course, you'll have the chance to explore and consider the underlying social and political processes that shape the law. This degree has been designed by both practising law and criminology experts, offering a more focused option for those wishing to pursue a career in either law or a wide range of related professions.
Our structured course is taught by qualified and experienced tutors with lectures and practical workshops or with online resources and learning tools to develop your legal skills.
Here are just some of the reasons why we're best placed to help you prepare for your future career as a solicitor or barrister:
- The highest standard of teaching from experienced professionals
- Small class sizes
- Options to study on campus and online
- Access to award-winning careers support
Why choose The University of Law?
- One of the UK’s longest-established specialist providers of legal education, since 1876 - we’ve trained more practising lawyers in the UK than anyone else.
- All our tutors are qualified lawyers, and many still practising. You’ll benefit from their insight into today's legal world delivered either face-to-face on campus or online.
- We have locations across the UK and Hong Kong.
- We have the UK’s largest legal alumni group with over 80,000 members, giving our students excellent networking opportunities, many of whom are qualified lawyers in Hong Kong and Malaysia.
- We work with 90 of the top 100 UK law firms, many of whom send their trainees and lawyers exclusively to us. We also have close links with a wide range of barristers’ chambers.
- 92% of our full-time UK LLB students graduating in 2017 secured employment or further study within six months of successfully completing their course.
Online Taster Session
If you want to find out what it’s like to study an online course with us, why not try our free online taster session?
Our taster sessions can be completed at your own pace and include short, structured exercises to help you experience what it will really be like to study online with us. All you need to do is visit our online learning platform (Blackboard ELITE), and if you've already applied to study with us and received login details for ELITE, click 'sign in' on Blackboard ELITE. Alternatively, click 'sign up' and complete the short registration form.
Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS)
Our LLB students are eligible to apply for the ENLS loan to cover their tuition fees.
- 3, 4 or 6 years online course: BBB at A Level and Grade C/4 or above in GCSE English Language, or equivalent qualifications.
- For the 4 years or 6 years online courses only: Students who would like to apply via our non-standard route should demonstrate a minimum of 2 years of professional work experience evidencing management of people and/or processes and provide a professional reference. Students must also possess GCSE English Language at Grade 4 or equivalent, as well as successfully pass a formal interview.
- Students who will be under the age of 18 but no younger than 17 at the commencement of the course are permitted.
- International entry requirements: An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
September 2023 fees:
- 3 years: 95,300 HKD per annum and no deposit required.
- 4 years: 71,450 HKD per annum and no deposit required.
- 6 years: 47,650 HKD per annum and no deposit required.
Fees are locked for future study years, i.e. the student will pay the same price each year.
- September 2023: 3, 4 or 6 years
- September 2023: 3, 4, 6 years
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.