Online LLM Medical Law and Ethics Reg. No. 253069 U Law Hong Kong
Online LLM Medical Law and Ethics Reg. No. 253069
Our suite of Master’s in Law (LLM) courses are postgraduate degrees aimed at law and non-law graduates who want to explore the practical application of a particular, specialist area of law.
Although Master’s degrees are not required to get a training contract or pupillage, they are increasingly important if you want to enhance your academic legal knowledge or want to develop an in-depth knowledge of a particular area in law.
When you study an LLM with us you will:
- Be taught by subject matter experts, former and current practitioners and research and teaching focused academics.
- Focus on legal practice, not just theory.
- Benefit from strategic partnerships with firms, regulators and accreditation bodies.
- Learn about Legal Technology by selecting to study modules in legal technology.
- Improve your employability by gaining important transferable skills and mapping your career with our careers team.
You’ll have the chance to select elective modules that interest you, as well as complete a dissertation that allows you to explore an area linked to one of your elective module subject areas through independent research. You’ll learn practical legal skills in analysis and critical evaluation, alongside a range of transferable skills such as research and presentation skills.
Our flexibly structured course is delivered by qualified lawyers and research and teaching focused academics, bringing their expertise and experience into the classroom to provide you with the real-world insight that can help prepare you for the practical application of the law.
In addition to a general induction to the programme, there is a two-week induction covering the Key Principles of the English Legal System. This is compulsory for non-law students, but also open to law students wanting a refresher in the fundamentals of the law of England and Wales. This would be useful for any student who has taken a considerable break from legal education.
- Students should possess a UK bachelor’s degree in any subject at 2:2 or above or equivalent qualifications.
- Overseas graduates, in addition to the above, we also require an English language qualification at a level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
12 months (Full-time); 24 months (Part-time)