CertHE Law with Criminology University of Essex Online
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to progress onto our online LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology, a qualifying law degree (QLD) which enables you to complete the academic stage of legal education. If you would like to qualify as a lawyer, you must complete your degree studies in no more than six years and achieve a minimum of a Lower Second Class Honours degree.
Legal knowledge is highly valued by wide a range of sectors and you would also be well prepared for roles, in management, government and the voluntary sector. Additionally, your criminology knowledge will be beneficial for roles within criminal justice, the police, and prison and probation services.
You can study the following modules on the CertHE Law with Criminology:
- Legal Skills and Context*
- Criminal Law
- Public Law
- Introduction to Criminology
- Crime and Society
- Dealing with Offending Behaviour
- Justice and Punishment
* This module is core and must be passed in order to achieve the award.
At the University of Essex Online, we believe that everyone should be able to access education. That is why we offer an open entry route onto our CertHE Law with Criminology. This means you don’t need any prior academic or work experience in order to start studying with us. However, you will need to meet our English language requirements.
English language requirement
Our courses are taught in English so to study with us you must have an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.0 or equivalent. If you don’t hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, you will be required to pass a free online English test to assess your proficiency.
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
We offer students a range of tuition fee discounts, scholarships, and payment options for our online courses.*
- Designated for undergraduate student loans in England.
- Monthly payment plan available for those who are self-funding.
- Full payment discount if you pay the fee upfront.
- A range of scholarships is available subject to applicants meeting certain criteria.
* Please note that a maximum of two discounts or scholarships can be applied, and two scholarships cannot be applied in combination. For more information on our discounts and scholarships and to discuss your eligibility please contact our Admissions team.