LL.M. International business law University Of Zurich - Faculty of Law
The Law Faculty of the University of Zurich offers the LL.M. International Business Law offers a highly attractive continuing education program based on the exchange of knowledge and experience from theory and practice, meets the complex legal needs of the global economy and focuses on cross-border economic activities.
Based on many years of experience, academic further education is offered at a high level, whereby the students can benefit from our renowned lecturers from science and practice. The international orientation of the course is also reflected by the international faculty, the number of foreign students and the cooperation with well-known partners in the USA (New Orleans and New York) and in China (Hong Kong).
Stefan Walter / Stefan Walter
What speaks for us
The LL.M. degree program offers lawyers tailor-made professional training in which they can develop their skills further.
The degree course:
- has enjoyed an excellent reputation in science and practice for years,
- is carried out part-time,
- is characterized by an excellent network of internationally renowned lecturers,
- is based on the latest knowledge and is clearly geared towards practice,
- With excursions to the USA, China, Luxembourg and Brussels consciously focuses on living internationality,
- specifically promotes discussions and discourses,
- promotes the exchange among students and lecturers through intensive weekends in seminar hotels,
- offers the participants personal support during the course,
- provides various offers from the University of Zurich,
- grants offers from the Europa Institut at the University of Zurich.
The LL.M. program in International Business Law is aimed in advance at lawyers and lawyers who want to acquire in-depth knowledge in the field of international business law for their professional career.
The LL.M. course consists of basic courses and a specialization course. In order to receive the LL.M. title, all basic lectures, a specialization course and a diploma thesis must be successfully completed. In addition, two elective modules have to be attended (including a study trip to the USA or China).
The lectures of the basic courses form the basis for the subsequent specialization options. After an introduction to the economic fundamentals of international business and important foreign areas of law, the thematic focus is on European and international business law (especially EU internal market, competition, WTO, corporate, tax and economic criminal law).
In the 3rd semester, students can specialize in one of the following specializations:
- International banking, capital market and insurance law
- International Business Transactions and Technology Transfer
- M&A and corporate law
- International Sports Law
Part-time LL.M. programs
|Next course start||Entry possible every semester|
|Course duration||2 years part-time (lectures on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning)|
|classroom language||English and German|
The following requirements must be met for admission to the course:
- University degree at Master’s level in law (exceptions are checked “sur dossier”)
- work experience
- Good oral and written knowledge of the teaching languages German and English
The final decision on admission is made by the committee, the executive body.
approx. 32'800 CHF *
The course fee includes the costs for course documents, exam fees as well as the intensive weekends together and a few other events. Excursions and special literature are not included.
* All course fees are to be paid within 30 days of the invoice date, but in any case before the start of the course. After the admission has been confirmed by the course director, no reimbursements can be made.