Leading the way in professional legal education
Osgoode Professional Development offers a uniquely broad and flexible range of graduate and continuing education programs.
Osgoode Professional Development is a world leader in law school lifelong learning.
Flexible and convenient learning
- Classroom, distance & online options
Connect with an influential network
- Build a network of industry leaders
Credit and non-credit programs
- Choose from CPD or in-depth studies
Who We Are
Osgoode Professional Development is the lifelong learning arm of Osgoode Hall Law School, one of Canada’s leading law schools. Since our founding in 1996, our mission has remained consistent and clear. We provide a uniquely broad and flexible range of interdisciplinary graduate-level legal education to professionals with and without law degrees and are committed to:
- Keeping professionals and executives at the forefront of legal knowledge, expertise, and capability;
- Integrating internationally trained lawyers and law graduates in the Canadian legal profession; and
- Bringing diverse professionals together to engage with legal issues from multidisciplinary perspectives.
OsgoodePD is known globally for our commitment to ongoing innovation in educational technology and pedagogy. We were the first law program in Canada to offer distance learning and have worked to continuously improve quality, accessibility, and flexibility. Our vision is to be at the center of innovative design and delivery of professional legal education, enabling understanding, connection, and transformation.
We work continuously to enhance and extend our professional development offerings. As the needs of the global community for professional development in legal education evolve, we introduce new programs and ways of learning to help you meet your Professional Development goals.
- Short Courses, Conferences & Certificates: OsgoodePD’s conferences and short courses represent one of the largest collections of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) offerings in Canada.
- Professional LLM Single Courses: Our single LLM courses provide professionals not yet ready to commit to an LLM program with a flexible way to explore the programs of their choice.
- In-House & Custom Programs for Organizations: We have the expertise, resources, and technology to design a customized version of an existing program, a Certificate, or a new program that cost-effectively achieves your training objectives.
- Part-time Professional LLM: Designed at the graduate level and structured to accommodate the needs of the working professional, you can choose from among 15 specializations and a wide range of electives.
- Full-time Professional LLM: Our full-time graduate-level Professional LLMs are designed for internationally trained lawyers who are seeking to study or practice law in Canada.
- Graduate Diploma Programs: Our Graduate Diploma programs provide deep insight into specific areas of the law.
- Research LLM: A full-time research-intensive degree, ideal for students who want to delve deeply into specific areas of study and for those who are considering advancing to the Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in Law: A full-time advanced degree involving extensive, research-intensive study, suitable for students who aim for an academic position.
Internationally Trained Lawyers
We offer the largest number and broadest range of programs anywhere in Canada for internationally trained lawyers and experienced professionals. When designing these programs, we focus on the specific needs of internationally trained lawyers. We provide a wide array of student services to help international students achieve academic and career success.
- OsgoodePD’s full-time Canadian Common Law LLM, International Business Law LLM, General Law LLM, and Tax Law LLM specialization programs are designed specifically with the internationally trained lawyer in mind.
- Osgoode is the only Canadian law school to offer a National Committee on Accreditation (NCA) preparation course for internationally trained lawyers.